Now that social distancing is a thing and keeping close to the home in Truckee is the new normal, we at Quality Automotive Servicing have a few suggestions on keeping you and your car healthy.
Healthy Car, Healthy You - Five Things you can do to keep you and your car healthy.
- Your car can keep and carry unwanted germs. Sanitize all the surfaces, knobs and windows to keep your family healthy. (Ask about our A.R.-17 sanitation product that cleans and sanitizes the AC and recirculating air system, as well as the surfaces inside the vehicle).
- Review the owner’s manual and take the time to really learn about your car; the maintenance schedule and even a feature you had no idea existed. For example, inside the gas door on the Mercedes is information about tire pressure at different temperatures.
- Go for a drive. Like our bodies, it’s not healthy for a car to sit for long periods of time. Issues can arise as a car sits without being driven. Take the opportunity to go for a drive and be assured your car is ready-to-roll if you need it.
- Clear the vehicle of snow after a storm so it’s ready when you need it. Have you ever cleared a vehicle after it has sat with snow on it for a day or two? The under layer can turn to ice and heavy compacted snow making it difficult and time consuming to clear.
- Have at least 1/2 tank of fuel. These are uncertain times and living in the mountains, having enough gas to vacate the area is absolutely necessary. Additionally, constantly running the tank into the low-zone, can burn out the fuel pump, a costly and unnecessary repair.
Quality Automotive Servicing is open for service and repairs as automotive repair falls under the guidelines of “essential services”. Know that your car is ready-to-go if and when you need it. Inside the shop our team is bumping elbows, disinfecting the office and offering residential pick-up and drop-off of your vehicle upon request. For your convenience there is also a secure outside key drop and pick up so you never have to come inside.
Follow us on Facebook at Quality Automotive Servicing.