Five Things to Know About Your Oil Change Sticker
Keeping up on regular oil changes is one of the most important things you can do for your vehicle. To make it easy to remember when an oil service is needed, the mechanics at Quality Automotive Servicing in Truckee will place a “reminder sticker” with some important information on your windshield on the drivers side. This will prompt you to make an appointment for oil service at Your Trusted Local Auto Care in Truckee. Here are five things the sticker is telling you.
- Premium Oil & Filters: Quality Automotive Servicing uses high quality Valvoline oil and oil filters. There are cheaper products out there, but for best performance and engine longevity we choose Valvoline.
- Synth = Synthetic: Synthetic oils are a better product for your vehicle and the rigorous driving in our mountain environment. Synthetic oil performs better at high temperatures and has longer change intervals which will save you time and money. Plus, there is less oil waste going to landfills.
- Oil Grade: The grade of oil used for your vehicle is also indicted on the sticker. This is an important because it’s imperative to use the correct oil for your specific vehicle. Performance vehicles and Euro imports (Audi, Mercedes, VW, Volvo and BMW) require a specific oil also that is only available at a shop that specializes in these brands. Using other oil will not protect your engine.
- Oil Service vs Oil Change: Quality Automotive Servicing offers a premium oil service so that your engine is protected. With intervals between oil changes becoming longer, a full service from a qualified technician can help you avoid potential problems that only an expert can identify. When you bring your vehicle to QAS, you benefit from the trained eye of an expert technician who will inspect (Red Check Inspect) the vehicle and provide a text report. By catching a minor problem before it becomes a major repair, you could save hundreds or thousands of dollars, time and lots of frustration.
- Do I change my oil based on mileage or a date? This is a common question and the answer is it depends on how you drive. If your vehicle sits in a garage all season and is not driven much, follow the time rule. Oil has a life span and brakes down even if the car is not driven. If you drive often or take a big trip, follow the mileage recommendation. The rule is which ever comes first.
Quality Automotive Servicing in Truckee is your go to local shop for all your maintenance and repair needs. When you establish a relationship with our experts, we can keep you up-to-date on the services you vehicle needs to stay dependable and your driving with confidence. You don't have to travel off the mountain to receive dealership level service. We are proud to say that with the focus and attention you get at QAS, that you are receiving better-than-dealership service.
Quality Automotive Servicing is conveniently located at 11500 Donner Pass Road in the heart of Truckee's Gateway neighborhood. Please call in advance to make an appointment. Quality Automotive Servicing is a full service shop serving local customers with outstanding service for the entire vehicle. As a specialty shop offering comprehensive servicing, we do not offer an express in and out service.